The four Almshouses in Mariners Lane were built in 1810 by Stephen Wilson and given by him to the Parish in 1811. They are now owned and managed by Bradfield Parochial Charities. The charity consists of a board of six trustees chaired by Simon Richmond-Knight.
The original cottages have seen many alterations and additions over the years to bring them up to modern standards and evidence of their past has been revealed in the 2021/2022 refurbishments.
They are still an important legacy providing affordable accommodation in the village. Ideally potential residents should be over 55 years of age and have some connection with the village, either by birth, work or having relatives here.
There is currently a vacancy for an almshouse in Mariners Lane - see below for details: